Sunday 25 March 2012

Here it is.

Some of you may know me. Many many more of you won't. Those of you who don't, I don't blame you. What they say is actually true. Newspapers are not getting as much readership as it used to. Anyways, without blowing my own trumpet, I am a darn good reporter with awards to show for it. Did i just blow that trumpet?
Many of my colleagues own blogs and just a few get people to read them and I understand why that is. Their blogs are dull and are updated at very sparse intervals.
I understand why all that is. They already have tight deadlines to meet, and updating their blogs is usually a big task. Not that they do not  have materials, but there is no time to put them up. eventually they get tired of the whole thing. I also have been a victim of bad blogging. This is not my first blog. I had one over six years ago, even before the advent of the Linda Ikeji's. So what makes her blog tick and killed mine? Devotion. Linda treats her blog like her baby. Giving it as much attention as it needs. How many reporters have that time?
So what is the whole Mojo thing all about? Ok if you have a dirty mind, then I know what you are thinking. I never knew what a Mojo was myself until some weeks ago when I was attending a journalist's training organised by CNN. It is a term which journalists that report real-time call themselves. That's journalists that report and post their stories on-line instantly and not waiting for it to be published the next day. It means Mobile Journalist.
Anyways, my new blog will be informative in real time. Events, interviews, pictures, reviews, opinions, articles, on various subjects. So get on board. be assured that anytime you check my blog, there is always something new. So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment